How to Create a Campaign
Let’s review how to create a campaign.
In this example, our goal is to group our reactivation workflows together to better understand their effectiveness over time.
- In Reach, open the Campaigns drop-down, and select Campaigns.
- Click Create Campaign.
- Input a Name and Description for your campaign.
- Next, select your Objective from the drop-down.
- Then, select the Workflows you want to add to this campaign. Use the drop-down or type to search. Click to add. You can add as many workflows as you’d like.
- When you’ve finished adding workflows, click Save Campaign.
- You’ll be navigated to the campaign’s overview page.
This page allows you to track performance for the selected date range. These metrics include:
- Reach: the number of unique contacts who have received an email from workflows that belong to this campaign
- Open %: the percentage of recipients who have opened (or viewed) emails that belong to this campaign. Formula: emails opened divided by total emails sent
- Click %: the percentage of recipients who click on a link in an email that belongs to a workflow in this campaign. Formula: total clicks divided by the number of opened emails.
- Unsubscribe %: percentage of recipients who unsubscribed from the email list as receiving one content belonging to a workflow within the campaign. Formula: number of contacts that have unsubscribed divided by total contacts
Additional viewable information includes a list of workflows, their related metrics, and a list of recipients for all workflows in the campaign.