Workflow Metrics and Tips
We recommend viewing success metrics at the workflow level to determine individual effectiveness. Let’s review how to check the data on your workflows.
- Start by opening the Workflows page.
- Here you will see a list of the workflows you have created so far. At a glance, you'll be able to see how many patients you have reached, as well as other key metrics.
- To see additional information, click on the workflow row.
Workflow Detail Page
The workflow’s detail page contains information about the workflow’s performance for the selected date range.
- Reach: the number of unique patients who have received an email from workflows that belong to this campaign
- Open %: the percentage of recipients who have opened (or viewed) emails that belong to this campaign. Formula: emails opened divided by total emails sent
- Click-To-Open Rate: the percentage of recipients who click on a link in this content after receiving it. Formula: total clicks divided by number of opened emails.
- Unsubscribe %: percentage of recipients who unsubscribed from the email list as receiving one content belonging to a workflow within the campaign. Formula: number of patients that have unsubscribed divided by total patients
Below, you’ll find workflow-specific information such as workflow status, associated list, content and content preview, the trigger event, and the workflow type.
The email preview allows you to see the email exactly as it will appear to the patient. If you want to test your links, right click on the link and choose Open link in new tab. From there, you can open the link as you normally would. This ensures that the link content doesn’t mask your email in the preview window. Please note that any dynamic variables used in the email will contain placeholder data.
This section displays all patients who received this workflow. You can see how the patient has interacted with the workflow, including whether they’ve opened it, clicked a call to action, or unsubscribed. You can click on a patient name to view more information about that patient. You can use the Cloud icon to download the patient list. For continuous workflows, this section will continue to grow as more patients are added to the list and meet the trigger criteria. This information will give you a glimpse into what type of content is meaningful and valuable to your patients so you can continue to delight your patients and keep them coming back.
Based on the performance of 1,000+ clinics, we can provide you with some expected benchmarks to help quantify the success of your campaigns.
- Open Rate: 50%
- Click rate: 15-20%
- Unsubscribe rate: less than .5% (to put that in context, the typical unsubscribe rate for the healthcare industry is 5-8%). This tells us the content they receive is relevant and meaningful.
Here are a few things to consider if you are unhappy with your workflow metrics.
Review your content:
- Is it relevant?
- Is it credible? (especially impactful for blog posts)
- Is the information provided helpful?
- Is it too long?
Review your list:
- Are you sending the content to the right audience?
- Is your list set up correctly? Are you using filters instead of parameters?
Review your trigger:
- Is the timing right?
- Are patients receiving too many emails?
- Consider keeping a running list of workflows and lists to ensure that patient groups aren’t overloaded with messaging.