Add Pictures and Videos to Content
To ensure that emails load quickly and display correctly, you cannot upload an image into your email directly, instead, you’ll host a link to the image that you've uploaded in the File Management section. Follow these steps.
- In your File Management Library, select the … menu.
- Click the Copy File Link icon.
- You’ll receive a success message in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Next, navigate to Campaigns > Content. Select the Announcement or Blog Post where you'd like to add an image.
- Click the image icon to open up the image properties screen.
- Paste the File Link into the URL box.
- Next, adjust the size. We recommend 600px as the maximum width. Ensure that the lock icon is closed to keep the correct image ratio, otherwise, your images could become skewed as you resize.
- If you want to have the image link to something, you can use the Link tab to include a URL. Then, when patients click the image they’ll be taken to that URL.
- Click OK to save and insert your image.
What can I do about photos on the internet that I want to use?
You can add images from the web by locating the image URL and following the steps above. Right-click on the image you want to use and select Copy image address. Remember to be conscious of copyright when choosing your images.
To ensure that all emails load quickly and display correctly, you cannot embed a video into your email directly. However, you can link to a video in a few ways.
- First, you can add an image as described above, such as a thumbnail. Then, in the Link tab, include the video URL. Now, when a patient clicks the image, they will be directed to the video. Use the Target drop-down to choose how you want to video to open (same window, new window, etc.).
- You can also include the link directly in the email body, with display text. Start by clicking the paperclip icon to open the link builder.
- For Announcement content types, you can include the video link in the email’s Call to Action section.